Monday, January 23, 2012

The Carousel

It may seem lame, actually, yes, it is lame that I'm going to create a post designated only for an ice cream shop, but seriously, this place was insane. Like the Daddy Warbucks of ice cream stores. It makes any DQ or Coldstone look like a secondhand store that got bombed.


This is the main entrance to "Carousel" the funniest thing about this place is that it's located in the middle of a totally dump street. Definitely not what you'd expect to find considering its surroundings.
When you walk in you see this giant chandelier, giant white pillars, and marble everything, it was insane.
They had a little store off to the right when you first come in, and its filled with homemade dishes and different carousels, which I of course took pictures of...


I love the garbage cans, and the awesome floor with stars all over it.


Their selection of ice cream was overwhelming, and it all looked so pretty. The big hits were "Nutella" which is just as it sounds. That awesome hazelnut mocha spread made into an ice cream, it was so good.

Then when you walk out back there's a carousel, hence the name! Casey and I were laughing at the sign next to it that's pictured here. Basically their eloquent way of saying that retarded people and little kids needed to be accompanied, that was kind of interesting.

The carousel itself is kind of like a dome, encircling the entire thing on the outside wall are pictures of people eating ice cream. I took a couple pictures of them, but there were literally hundreds.

I feel like a loser for posting about ice cream, but I just thought this was such a cute place, and I've never seen anything quite like it. I'm excited to explore more of the island and find more cute places like this. Everyone come visit, i'll buy you an ice cream!

2 comments:

  1. So wish I could go there with you. My mouth is watering just thinking about nutella ice cream. This place looks awesome! Definitely deserving of an entire post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wish I could go there with you. My mouth is watering just thinking about nutella ice cream. This place looks awesome! Definitely deserving of an entire post.

    ReplyDelete