Monday, October 8, 2012

Rocky punches, popsicles and plastic food

Can I just start this blog by saying how much tonsillitis SUCKS? I'm so mad Cari sold her scalpel or I'd literally have had her remove these monster tonsils already. It feels like Rocky punched me in the throat and then stood on my ear...plus talking with my mouth only an inch open makes me sound like Kim Kardashian. That's a bad thing.

Its been a crazy few weeks...like always I suppose. Our dear Andi had to fly to MN last minute for health issues, some blood tests came back very abnormal and her pediatrician from the states recommended she come home immediately to further investigate what was going on with her. WE MISS HER! Our tripod estrogen tank is missing its fourth member...get better soon, AJ!

We "nested" our apartment...have I mentioned five thousand times how incredibly ugly our couch was? Or how timeshare-ish this place felt? Well not anymore, suckers! We went to Ace, Piper and I had a nice tea party with the outdoor furniture and dishes, and decided to make this place more our home, finally.
Before Andi left she tried to get me hooked on Pinterest. I made an account, was so overwhelmed by everything on the site and immediately logged off. This is kind of how it went:

Me: Oh, that picture's funny. I'm going to upload that to Facebook.
Andi: NO! If you like it, you "repin" it on here.
Me: Why?
Andi: Because that's what the site is for!
Me: Meh
Andi: Just pin a couple things!
Me: I don't want to
Andi: PIN SOMETHING!!!

I think I'll just live through Andi's pinterest and not worry too much about my own. Nobody cares about this at all. I just said "pinterest" way too many times. Plus my autocorrect keeps changing it to "interest."

So we decided Saturday morning would be our try a new recipe morning since Andi and Cari don't have school early, and for some disgusting reason Piper wakes up earlier on Saturday than any other day of the week...its so sad.

Last week we made pumpkin waffles with apple cider syrup and it tasted just like Fall. It was so yummy. We're all on a huge pumpkin craze. I'd stick my head in a can of pumpkin if my head wasn't abnormally huge (thanks, mom and dad) not that anyones head could fit in a can anyways, like even if my head were normal sized, it still wouldn't fit. That makes me feel better.
Did I tell you guys that we sold our Isuzu Trooper and downgraded to a small car? So gas on the island is just shy of EIGHT dollars a gallon. Ridonkulous. I probably spelled that word wrong, but its a made up word anyways so who cares. So when we came back to the island Casey and Tanner-less, we decided having just the four of us we no longer needed a big car and should get a small one. Especially since Andi's school is "in town" and it takes about an hour to drive there and back. R.I.P. to our truck, Moby Dick and welcome to the family, Bubba. Bubba came equipped with a self installed alarm system, and it is sooo annoying. The first day I drove the car I saw the remote for the alarm on the key ring and thought, "there's no way i'm using this" so I took the remote off, put it in the drawer, and went with Piper down to the car. Okay, so I'm an idiot and didn't realize if I didn't deactivate the alarm first, when I went to unlock the door and open it that the alarm would go off. Which is exactly what happened. So I'm standing in the parking garage like a total dummy while the alarm is sounding and I realize I gotta run upstairs and get the remote to turn off the alarm, meanwhile Piper is scared and crying and I'm rushing her to come with me upstairs quick. Meanwhile our security guard runs over to see what's going on...I tell him its my car I just have to get the remote and he says, "I've never seen you drive this car, where's your truck?" haha busted! Stealing a car at my own apartment complex, seemed like a good idea to me. Not. He was just pulling my leg and started laughing and said I could leave to go get the remote (advantage of being bff's with every security guard)




We sold our truck to three roommates that go to the same school as Cari, so we still see them drive around in it all the time, and Piper gets sad every time, she REALLY loved that truck. Once she's old enough to understand what money is, and how you should find ways to save it she'll probably be more understanding, but for now, she's mad.

We had an especially entertaining post-exam celebration dinner with Matt and Cecily & Robert and Trisha. Their menu advertised a 2 for 1 on their specialty smoothies and malts...so back in the states, you figure you order two and pay for one. So we each ordered one and when the waitress brought them out to the table we found out that for each flavor we ordered we were receiving two...so instead of thinking we were getting four, we got eight. Every single person that got one, actually got two. It was a huge "ohhhhh" moment at the table when the waitress explained this to us. So we basically ended up with 20 smoothies at the table. Good thing they were yummy.



We ate at the Greenhouse and it was a really pretty place, it was outdoors but luckily the breeze was good and the sun had set so we didn't sweat to death in this heat. After we ate Piper was getting restless and was starting to run around so I took her down to the beach that was right next to the restaurant and they had a little slide she kept going down. Then she picked up a cigarette butt and started to pretend to smoke it and I got really mad and made her wash her mouth/hands...I want to know where she learned that?! Ah! Here's some more pics from dinner, including Cecily's hair bow (she did it as a joke-no worries)






We had a church activity for the women, I was asked to help out due to my cosmetology experience (jealous? ;) since it was a manicuring activity. So while I was in school we would do hand massages on our clients for a manicure, but we were doing full on arm massages, I literally had my fingers in Cecily's armpit for a second, it was so awkward and hilarious. Someone snatched a great pic of my laughing during the massage and Cecily's head is down on the table because she was laughing so hard, too. I'm immature...


Top Carrott is my favorite store/restaurant/place on this island! Its super yummy organic food, awesome decor and jewelery/clothes/books for sale, and they have a juicer and Piper loves to watch them throw five apples into the juicer and then hand her her apple juice. Which reminds me, I want a juicer for Christmas, I think they're only a couple thousand dollars?

Alie, Ella, Piper and I went to Top Carrott for lunch last week. Piper loves baby Ella, and their relationship is hilarious. Either Piper swings Ella's car seat way too fast while she's in it, or Ella is pulling out chunks of Piper's hair, Ella has a strong grip. Now Piper is afraid to be at the same level as her...if they're both on the floor and Ella gets on all fours and starts crawling towards Pipes, she quickly gets panicked and jumps into my lap for protection.







In other news, Piper has recently turned into a dog. She insists on feeding out of a water bowl and a cereal bowl which stands in as dog food. When she's not a dog she's a car mechanic, a mother to baby doll Emma, and her mama's best friend.





We went to playgroup last week and the regular room set up wasn't there so I think it was cancelled and we didn't know, so we found one of Pipers friends in the rotunda of the school and they enjoyed a plastic feast together.


Yum, plastic doll hands...


I bought some popsicles for my throat, the box of 12 cost me fifteen dollars, by the way. Blegh! So Piper has been on a huge popsicle crave lately. Cari has been trying to teach her to suck the popsicle before it drips, but I guess does it too panicked yelling, "Piper! Suck it quick before it drips!!" So last week Piper was eating one and standing next to me, when all of the sudden it started to drip and she got SO nervous and probably post traumatic stress disorder of moms anxious sounding instructions to suck it before it drips left her in such a panic that she started crying and dropped the popsicle right on my lap and ran away. I was so confused I just sat there all popsicle-y and started laughing. When she learned I wasn't mad and heard me laughing she slowly walked back out and laughed with me. Then I came to the realization that I was wearing white shorts and that grape popsicle wasn't gonna come out great and I wasn't laughing anymore. hey everyone-dont wear white shorts when you're around kids...ever.

Also don't put toddlers down for a nap at 5pm, because now its almost midnight and Piper is literally running around in circles in the family room, yikes.

I'm so sad to be missing a Minnesota fall, I want everyone to take pictures and show them to me, enjoy it, guys! We're excited about October. I got Piper's Halloween costume today and even bought a couple pumpkins to carve, yay!

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment